Monday, September 12, 2016

Japan day 9, Sep 9 - Crutches are the worst

After leaving the clinic, I had been hopeful. Girl's info in hand, good news about my foot! This were looking up!

I luckily found a medical supply store a couple miles from the clinic, and I decided to head over there in search of crutches so I could actually do stuff in Tokyo. It turned out to be a whole day affair... Between the language barrier and me not being a resident, the guy (though helpful) took forever to rent me a pair of crutches... And even then, he refused to rent them to me for less than a month period. And he required that I email him the day before returning them. What a fucking pain.

With that done, I booked as cheap a hotel room I could that would give me some privacy and real rest... The trekked over there with all my stuff on crutches turned out to be quite an ordeal... Taking two hours for a few miles before I called it quits and took a cab the rest of the way. And oh my gosh, the bruises in my underarms that night... I slept 12 or 13 hours that night. And despite the room being about 100 square feet... It felt like a fucking palace.

No comments:

Post a Comment