Monday, September 12, 2016

Japan day 10/11, Sep 10/11 - Ramen so good, I wrote a Haiku... And bored and frustrated as heck

The following two days after getting that first hotel, I had switched to a similar hotel with a cheaper rate and rested off my foot as much as I could. I wanted it to heal, but I decided that if it did not, I would change my flight and fly home so I could heal.

At that point, I was bored and frustrated out of my god damn mind. The assistant, despite however well we got along, proved to be a flake (as I had mentiomed), my foot was still bugging me, crutches turned out to be very taxing to use (especially when carrying something), and I was paying for a hotel to rest but wasn't able to really do anything in the city.

Nevertheless, I did happen across the best meal(s) I've had all trip two blocks from the hotel. There is no English name to the restaurant, but I saw on Google maps that it was just labeled as a ramen restaurant... I thought... It's not far, I should try it.

At first, I thought it was closed... The door not hanging open, the windows slightly tinted, and the entire building surrounding it under construction... I almost just went right by it. However, upon closer inspection, I saw the door was a push button door so I entered, and I seem to have found quite a popular places amongst locals in Ginza, Chuo in Tokyo.

On Saturday, I tried the Dan-Dan noodle soup with a slice of chashu pork. It reminded me of sweet and sour soup from Chinese cuisine but with a more subtle flavor. Extremely tasty! The pork was delicious and tender and not very fatty. And it came with a free bowl of rice... Not to mention, it was relatively cheap.

On Sunday, I went back simply because it was so f-ing good. I ordered the Dan-Dan noodle soup again... Except with three slices of chashu this time! Exquisite... So much so that on that Saturday I wrote a haiku about it.

chorus of slurping
every bowl tastier
could this be heaven?

No comments:

Post a Comment