Monday, September 5, 2016

Japan day 2, Sep 2 - Japanese cultists

Waking up at four in the morning, I was pretty confused as to where I was and what the fuck was happening...as you might imagine waking up on a park bench. However, that was the least strange thing happening that Thursday morning in the park. A large congregation (I'd say probably around 30) older men and women were gathered over by this stream about 60 yards away from my "bed."

Okay, that's not all that weird... Until they all start to sing in unison... For at least 20 minutes more people kept showing up to join them. They would hum and sing, and it sounded quite nice. And then some person would say something, and they would all repeat back something else (as though I were attending church service and didn't know the proper response to anything the preacher said.)

Ultimately, I fell back to sleep and woke up at five with the Sunday already out.

No comments:

Post a Comment